This service would generally be combined with a thorough visual and performance based health check. ScanPro will provide a report on all findings and offer an approach to repair if required. This service allows us to identify manufacturing faults, panel failure and create a performance trending benchmark to compare off for future panel health inspections.
ScanPro’s panel scan service is a safe, non-destructive, approach to condition monitoring that is quick to carry out, with no shut down of power required. This service allows solar panel inspection to be conducted safely from the ground without putting any site staff, contractors or workers in danger.
Using drone technology and sophisticated analytics software we are able to capture all the required data quickly on site and then compile our report on all findings off site. ScanPro can also offer advice and assistance to repair and/or increasing system performance.
Why smart businesses are investing in ScanPro’s solar inspection services:
- Neglected solar systems can grossly underperform
- Lost performance can go unnoticed, costing system owners lost production and/or dollars
- Storm or cyclone damage could cause fire or failure
- Solar panels age with time and require more regular maintenance and observation to ensure optimal performance
- Identifying timely warranty claims for panel failure
- Insurance companies may begin to see neglected solar systems as a threat to insured infrastructure, after a number of cases have caused losses
- Condition monitoring is the best approach to increasing solar panel lifespan
- Our service provides clients with a benchmarking tool to compare future performance against
UAV Technology for the Solar Industry.
ScanPro uses the most accurate range of infrared sensors, drone technology and analysis software to locate faults & analyse findings.
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) or Drones have become a successful tool for the inspection of solar panels. Solar arrays are most commonly found installed on a roof and at dangerous heights and angles. The drone allows the operator to fly up over the building and see a live footage feed from the ground for a visual analysis or a more detailed thermal imaging analysis can be made.
Drones are also capable of covering more area in less time then a manual operation and this can be a huge benefit for ground installed utility scale solar farms that cover vast areas. Using UAVs allows ScanPro to provide a cost saving benefit for clients.
Using this approach also reduces the size of the operations team, meaning less labour charges and reduced risk of injury leading to reduced cost of our liability insurance.